Five Good Habits of a growing person who wants to be excellent!
Hope you listened to this song....! It talks about Own Enlightenment where nobody can stand as a stumbling block on this path!
Many days I have been thinking about one aspect of every personality and i.e. HABIT!
I have seen that many times even after working harder with someone on his or her personal development there are certain barriers where we can not do anything and may be even it will be difficult for GOD to work on the same of every person now a days!!! :-)
And the said barrier is nothing but our HABITS which stand as a barrier on the path of growth and ultimately success where I want to to term Success as Excellence! The root cause remains as our HABITS...I think it may be because of following reasons and those are-
Lack of HARMONY in our thoughts Lack of Exact AIM in our personal and professional life Lack of BURNING DESIRE to achieve anything Lack of ILLUMINATION/IGNITION in anything we do Lack of TENACITY to hold on to one passionate thing to opt for in life
The above things become hindrance on the path of success/excellence as we tend to become lazy to regularize certain factors which will help us in growing us! Eventually we realize where at times it is too late to analyze the same. In such a scenario what someone should think of working on and I think that is nothing but OUR HABITS!
HABIT plays a role of our Daily ROBOT who will guide us from morning till night but the only difference is; everyone's ROBOT has different technical problems where especially talking about HABIT...continuous overhauling is necessary with proper direction for our own HABITS!
While thinking about these HABITS of ours...I thought of five good habits which will pave the way towards maximization of one's growth and ultimately attaining excellence in whatever he or she does!
FIVE GOOD HABITS-
1. Look at Habit as if it is your heartbeat where every beat is important in life and at every step 2. Be consistent in doing whatever you decide to 3. Keep your passionate approach always in active mode irrespective of calamities 4. Keep wishing and helping people genuinely whenever there is an opportunity 5. Assuming our normal habits which exist naturally in everyone of us...keep your positive attitude intact!
1. Look at Habit as if it is your heartbeat where every beat is important in life and at every step
- Steve Jobs used to say that work as if it is your last working day...I think if you will consider your habit as your heartbeat then the whole terminology will change to look at habit because for us every heartbeat is important and hence convert your habit into something very precious where it can be like heartbeat without which we can not live life diligently!
2. Be consistent in doing whatever you decide to- Actually it works like a magic...why magic? Because having consistency, constancy and continuance thereto in life is absolutely cumbersome and that is why...making it possible will work like a magic...! We tend to be lazy and it becomes a consistent process then we all know what happens!!!! :-)
3. Keep your passionate approach always in active mode irrespective of calamities- I always ask my clients or colleagues or friends...Where is your passion to do anything or search for yourself or find out your own potentials or work in the field you like ? OR Where is your passion to meet gracefully? OR Where is your passion to work with people excellently and with full cooperation?- All these aspects have answer from within and i.e. nothing but working on our passionate approach which we lose and eventually lose its sheen! Passion works like a compassion about our own life...if we have compassion about life then we can reveal our passions and accordingly it becomes our greater habit to follow continuously!
4. Keep wishing and helping people genuinely whenever there is an opportunity- This is the most crucial task in one's life where wishing somebody genuinely and helping someone from the heart...both these aspects test the person. If we are habituated with these two aspects in life...then things start working out miraculously where rational energy gets spread everywhere. This is where human tendencies boil down to our weird behavioral patterns to curse people rather than proving them as a boon! Tendency is nothing but habit which we all know in the common parlance! At times we are scared to wish and help someone...,right? Let us work on this!
5. Assuming our normal habits which exist naturally in everyone of us...keep your positive attitude intact- This is another challenge for us. Many times we meet some shining personality because of which we get motivated but then the said motivation does not get continued for so long....and again lower energy gets felt! Why? There are lot of externally influenced reasons due to which it occurs as our Mind is so delicate that it can get a scratch at any point of time by absolutely stupid reason and this stupid reason for that person who thinks that way...becomes valuable! Hence at any situation keeping our positive attitude intact...is something to give a thought...,right? Because this can work as our Habit if we will try to be positive and this state of mind either gives you far greater results or far devastating outcomes depending upon the person and his/her tendencies!
So friends....Let Us Stick to our all above GOOD HABITS from today in such a manner where our growth will be ensured and excellence thereto!
Are we ready to enhance these HABITS of ours?
Finally I can only conclude with one very good HABIT which we all have and i.e HeartBeat! Keep your heartbeat constantly healthy!
Wish you all a great journey ahead!
Certified Executive Coach at Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching
Certified Life Balance Coach and Master Spirit Life Coach at CCA, Canada
Master In Commerce- M.Com
Member of MCCIA